Vallorcine is a small typical mountain village full of charm in the high valley region of Chamonix just a stone’s throw away from the Swiss border. A wide range of cultural and sports activities are on offer for both the winter and summer seasons.
- The ski slopes of "Le Tour-Col de Balme" (1260m-2270m) can be accessed by the cable car located at Vallorcine station.
- Snow shoe hikes, cross-country ski tracks or hikes on foot are numerous which will allow you to discover the enchanting countryside.
Throughout the year :
- Hikes and walks on foot or by mountain bike are numerous, opening up the majestic mountain scenery in front of your eyes. If you are patient, maybe you will come across the animals which inhabit this natural reserve of the Aiguilles Rouges, situated at the entrance of the village…
Visit our interactive page
- Take advantage of the significant natural and cultural heritage in the vicinity.
- The Gianada foundation at Martigny and its exhibitions of international renown.
- The Emosson dam (Franco-Swiss hydro-electric structure).
- Chamonix, the world capital for mountaineering, a mountain town where everyone can find an activity to do.
- Servoz and the Diosaz gorges (a conservation area, walks accessible to all).
- The Merlet aux Houches animal park.
And of course, the numerous resorts, towns and villages of the region, Switzerland and Italy also being close by..